I am sure you have heard all the buzz over a superchip! Are you looking to improve your fuel mileage? Does your truck need a little more power to turn your 34 inch Tires?A superchip may be the answer!
There are a number of companies out there that provide performance chips. My personal favorite is a superchip programmer(because I have had the most experience with it) My buddy who drives a 2008 2500 Duramax would argue with me and tell me that his bully dog system is better. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.
Performance chips provide many benefits.
• My first and favorite is the increase in horsepower. It is hard to say how much of a horsepower increase each truck will get, but most will feel the difference immediately. (Especially in a Diesel truck!)
• There will be a noticeable change in your gear ratio. You truck will change gears much more manly!
• Gas prices are starting to get a little out of control at times. Most performance chips will eventually pay for themselves over time with 2-3 miles more to the gallon. This is a personal favorite for me traveling long distances. I will just set the program to fuel efficiency and drive on. (Fuel millage depends on driving habits, trust me, you will not get more miles to the gallon in the first couple of weeks because of the added horsepower! You will probably have a lead foot!
• One of the biggest complaints I hear about installing oversized tires is that is throws off the speedometer. A performance chip will ask what size tire you have then your speedometer will be right on..
• Does it aggravate you that you have installed a cold air intake, and exhaust system and now your check engine light is on? A programmer will do a diagnostic to adjust the system and turn off this aggravating check engine light.
Deciding to install a superchip was one of the best decisions I have ever made when it comes to truck accessories. It is a true compliment to the full package truck. When I say full package I mean Lift Kit, Winch Kit, Tires ,and Rims